Recently arrived in dealerships, the new Dacia Sandero is already a real success. In January 2021, the Romanian city car is the second best-selling new passenger car in France!
At Dacia , the Sandero confirms its status as a bestseller. The brand’s best-selling model with more than 2.1 million units sold since its launch in 2008, the versatile city car, which until now was the preferred vehicle for individuals, has just risen to second place among passenger cars new products the most sold in France at the start of 2021, all channels combined, thus also counting sales to rental companies and company fleets.
The Dacia Sandero 3 debunks the Renault Clio V
In January, the new and third generation of Sandero, freshly arrived in dealerships, sold 7,249 copies, which places it just behind the Peugeot 208 II (7,915 units) but ahead of one of the queens of the market, the Renault Clio V (7,249 registrations).
If we add to this the 1,636 sales of the second Sandero of the name, the Romanian can even claim the title of the best-selling car in France!
Increased services and an unbeatable price
A success that the car owes to its assertive and modernized design, to its enhanced interior, to its enriched equipment but also and above all to its price, which is always contained.
On the French market, the Sandero III is indeed displayed from 8,690 €, it is only 400 € more than the previous model. Its Stepway backpacker version starts at € 12,590. What actually to crack more than one …
The Top 10 new car sales in France in January 2021
Discover immediately the Top 10 new passenger cars the most sold in France in January 2021. In addition to the arrival in second place in this ranking of the new Sandero, let us also note the surge of Peugeot SUVs , the 2008 and 3008 , respectively 4th and 5th in the Top 10, as well as the downfall of the Renault Zoé , which dropped from 9th place at the end of 2020 to 31st position at the end of January 2021 (1,013 registrations).
- 1 – Peugeot 208 II: 7,915 registrations (6.3% market share)
- 2 – Dacia Sandero III: 7,249 registrations (5.7%)
- 3 – Renault Clio V: 6,323 registrations (5%)
- 4 – Peugeot 2008 II: 6,003 registrations (4.8%)
- 5 – Peugeot 3008 II: 4,879 registrations (3.9%)
- 6 – Citroën C3 III: 4,869 registrations (3.9%)
- 7 – Renault Captur II: 4,412 registrations (3.5%)
- 8 – Toyota Yaris: 3,842 registrations (3%)
- 9 – Peugeot 308 II: 2,470 registrations (2%)
- 10 – Renault Twingo III: 2,443 registrations (1.9%)